Thursday 17 September 2009

UV Summer Showcase was a hit!

On the 29th August, my choir United Voice North West performed their 'Summer Showcase'. The concert was a mixture of songs they have performed in past concerts and things they have been looking at and working on at weekly workshops (which take place at 7pm, Thursday nights at the Temperance Institute, 65 London Street, Southport... Quick shameless plug there!)
The show was a resounding success and everyone there left feeling uplifted... music just does that doesn't it! (well... some music anyway!) 
The Mayor of Sefton, councillor Alf Doran and the Lady Mayoress, Councillor Gillian Cuthbertson were both present. After the Concert, the Mayor gave an extremely complimentary speech saying "as Mayor, I am invited to attend many events, but I can honestly say that this has been one of the best musical events I have been invited to."
He then went on to thank the choir and request two encores, one of which was a favourite of his "Unchained Melody". (They really did do it well, I loved it!)

The entrance and foyer of the building had a revamp and looked great in "Roasted Red" (I'll put some pictures on of the new look and the concert with this post later)

I was so pleased at how well the evening went. The choir was wonderful, the soloists were wonderful and the acoustics in the Ballroom at the Temperance Institute were just brilliant.


As usual, I'm very proud of everyone involved, well done folks!

(Don't forget... 7pm, each Thursday, Temperance Institute, Southport! - All welcome)

No comments:

Post a Comment