Sunday 30 January 2011

"Come 'ere...There's more..."

Really enjoyed performing at the Thwaites Empire Theatre on Sat 22nd Jan along side the wonderful soprano Sarah Louise, who sang beautifully (her rendition of "Climb Every Mountain" was fab.) The evening was hosted by comedian Don Banks and also included some traditional Indian dance, which was fascinating to watch. It was also such a pleasure to meet and perform with Irish comic veteran Jimmy Cricket.

What a lovely guy Jimmy is. He was so excited about everyone else's life and his energy and enthusiasm was refreshing. It's so true that positivity is infectious!
What's more, this fella who's famous catchphrases include "come 'ere" and "there's more" is an old school clean act... and he really made me laugh hard. It just goes to show you can be clean and extremely entertaining :)
I remembered having had a book of his I used to read when I was a kid ("Letter's from Mammy") I used to read it on holidays. He has a clever way of amusing any age group.

It was a real pleasure as always, to be accompanied by my good friends Kevin Cookson on Guitar and Michael Greenhalgh on Piano. They both play so beautifully and I always feel in such good hands when they're backing me. Love it! :)

So glad to be over the flu, except for some irritating sinus pressure :(
Felt so good to just go for it at this concert and feel so comfortable. I LOVE TO SING!! YUP, I DO :)

With Jimmy Cricket and Sarah Louise:

No comments:

Post a Comment