Saturday 24 July 2010

"Sweet Is the Work" receives special recognition!

I'm very excited that on the first year of entering, my very own version of "Sweet Is the Work" was awarded 'Special Recognition' in the Annual Church Music Submission 2010. Yay!

Some of you will remember that this song made it's debut on my last album "How Can I Keep From Singing?" and I'm really thrilled that it received a special recognition, as the submission receives entries from all over the world! Cool huh?!

You can click (here) to see the list of all the 2010 entries.

You can hear a recording of "Sweet Is the Work" on the "Listen" page of my website (top player) and on the "Shop" page underneath the picture of the "How Can I Keep From Singing?" album, or you can download the sheet music free of charge on my "Sheet Music" page (all at www.jamesloynes.com)

Guess it's time to get back to writing then :)


Thanks so much for your continued support everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Well-deserved my friend. It's beautiful. (I told you I wished I had written it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This music is absolutely stunning! Your link above doesn't work. I was hoping to obtain a copy of this sheet music for a YW Recognition Night. The LDS.org site's link is also broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you so much for that.
      Yes, I'm sorry, my site is very out out of date and I'm currently working on updating everything. If you send me an email to jamesloynes@hotmail.co.uk I will send you the pdf file of the song, no worries. Thanks so much again. :)

      Delete